Friday, March 15, 2013

The Black Book of Colors

The Black Book of Colors. Can you say beautiful? I don't think I have ever read a more touching children's book.  With raised black line drawings on black paper, this unusual book of colors appears to be missing its pictures, at first. "Where is the color?" I asked myself, and then was taught a most valuable lesson.

Sometimes, the best way to see is through your fingers.

Yellow, red, and green took took on a whole new meaning for me than ever before. Color is touch. Color is smell and taste. Color, no matter what anyone may say about the light spectrum, is black. And that color, more than any other, is love.
 

Learn what discovery is through an entirely different medium than ever before. Learn the patience and the beauty of seeing how other people see. Not only is this book interactive and award winning, but it's a true work of art.

Appropriate for ages 5+

No comments:

Post a Comment