Saturday, March 30, 2013

Cinder

I'll admit it. I judged this book by its cover. Worse than that, I judged this book by its description. My thoughts were skeptical to say the least, the main one centered around if Cinder had bones, praying that this wasn't going to be a horror story. 

In case you couldn't tell, I am generally not a science fiction fan because I have a difficult time orienting myself in a world so different from my own. I am also strangely protective of fairy tales, but I took a chance and picked up this book...

... and did not put it down. Literally. It was irritating to have to eat and generally keep myself alive. I went to bed at three in the morning because of this book. Once I got used to the terminology, I was swept away into the world of New Beijing. I loved Cinder and the questions that her very existence brought into the novel. The plot was exciting, and while some aspects of the book were predictable, this was comforting rather than annoying. It was easy to get into the heads of these characters and never want to leave. 

Marissa Meyer did a stunning job with her first book and there will be a total of four novels in the series, with the second having come out last February! Sing a song! Do a dance! You'll get to experience even more of this world after you read Cinder to find out how these characters fare in a world that is falling apart. I kid you not, this book is AMAZING. Go see for yourself.

Appropriate for ages 15+

No comments:

Post a Comment